Quote of the Week

"And I know, O Lord, that thou hast all power, and can do whatsoever thou wilt for the benefit of man; therefore touch these stones, O Lord, with thy finger, and prepare them that they may shine forth in darkness. . . that we may have light while we shall cross the sea."
~Ether 3:4~

Apr 15, 2012

Playing Catch-Up

so this is just gonna be a quick update to get me back on track
my classes are going great and i graduate in three weeks! ill be heading up to usu in the fall and start my degree in wildlife and environmental studies. i have loved being on the institute council, it has been such a great experience for me. the formal dances were a little stressful but i survived and even got dates for both! there is one stomp left and ive decided on a decades theme. my roomies and i are super close now and cant believe that the semester's pretty much over. we'll have to do something over the summer, maybe a camping trip? this past weekend was stake conference, and we had some general authorities come; kevin j. worthin of the 70 and l. tom perry! ill go more into that next time.

probably the biggest news is that im going back to brighton this summer!! i was so shocked when they called and asked me to be one of the program directors ( i had applied to be a counselor)! its a huge job but i know i can handle it if i keep my mind in the right place, put aside my fears and depend on the lord. we had our first actual workshop on saturday and it was wonderful! we played some games, went over lots of stuff and basically got to know everyone. i think i have most of the names down.

here's some other stuff thats going on. my sister lauren and her husband have been applying to graduate schools and finally decided on the university of kansas so they will be moving sometime this summer. also my cousin (basically my sister) and her husband have been in the adoption process for 6 months. she's been living in ethiopia for almost a month waiting for the papers to go through. we just got word that we will have zaidee mae jorgensen in our arms by this time next week!! (if all goes well) im so happy for them and the new life they will start together!
thats all for now, love ya!!
Annie

1 comment:

  1. Annie, I love hearing what your up to! You will be great at Brighton, that is so cool! I know the girls and leaders will all love you! See you this next week! YAY! So excited!

    ReplyDelete